Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tears In Heaven song analysis

Eric Clapton’s, Tears In Heaven, is an example of elegy. The song is about his son, Conor, which fell from a high-rise apartment to his death. Clapton uses the term elegy to better explain his feeling about his son.
Clapton says, “Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven.” It seems that he has not seen his son in so long; he might not even know his name. Then he says, “Would it be the same, if I saw you in heaven.” When Clapton last saw his son, he was six. That is a long time, and Clapton did not really get to know his son because he was so young. The verse, “Beyond the doors, there’s peace I’m sure, and I know there’ll be no more tears in heaven.” he knows that his son should be happy in heaven because there’s peace, and he will no longer be sad about anything anymore. Lastly, Clapton says, “I must be strong and carry on.” its definitely not easy getting over the death of a son, and/or loved one, but it cant take over your life, and you have to move on.
No one takes death lightly. This song made an impact on me, and probably the world because it was sad. No one wants to lose someone they love.

No comments: