Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Metaphor in “I’m Already There”

Almost all music has imagery, alliteration, or metaphor. In I’m Already There, by Lonestar, there are many metaphorical lines. “I’m Already There” is about a family where the man of the house is in the war. The daughter misses her dad, and she ask, “Daddy when you coming home.” This clearly represents that the daughter misses her dad.
To answer his daughter’s question he says, “I'm the sunshine in your hair,
I'm the shadow on the ground.” This is a metaphor because he really isn’t “sunshine in her hair”, or “the shadow on the ground.” He’s just trying to say that he’s there, even when he’s not. He also says, “I'm the whisper in the wind, I'm your imaginary friend.” Him, and the daughter both know he’s not really the “whisper in the wind”, but they like to think that because they miss each other, and he wants her to know that she’s in his thoughts, and he will always be there.
In the war today, many brothers, fathers, uncles and cousins may be fighting for the country. Everyone misses there loved one over seas. Most people know the problems that they go through over there, and I’m sure soldiers want their families to know that they’re there no matter what.

No comments: