Monday, January 12, 2009

She's My Kind of Rain by Tim McGraw

The American country singer and actor, Tim McGraw’s song, “She’s My Kind of Rain” is about acknowledging women and what they’ve done for you.
To start off, the title of the song is a metaphor. There are many types of rain, hard rain, light rain and sleet, and this woman in particular is his kind of rain. An example of a simile is, “She sits quietly there like water in a jar.” It’s like this woman is trying to change him, but not in a pushy way. The whole stanza, “She's the sunset's shadow, she's like Rembrandt’s light, she's the history that's made at night, she's my lost companion, she's my dreamin' tree, together in this brief eternity,” is one whole extended metaphor. He’s stating that she’s his everything in his life.
Tim McGraw probably based “She’s My Kind of Rain” off of his wife, country singer, Faith Hill. Together, McGraw and Hill sing, “It’s Your Love” together.

No comments: